I’ve just completed a small ebook/tutorial titled:
Setting up an ASP.NET Website Development environment using Visual Studio .NET, Subversion and Windows XP.
It covers the following topics:
- Setting up IIS 5.1 on Windows XP
- Setting up Visual Studio .NET 2003 for debugging
- Installing Apache 2.0 on Windows XP
- Installing Subversion on Windows XP
- Setting up Apache to recognise Subversion repositories
- Setting up TortiseSVN
- Creating Subversion repositories using TortiseSVN
- Setting up for ASP.Net Website Development on Windows XP
- Publishing a website from a Subversion Repository
The aim of this ebook is to give a developer a complete set of steps that will allow them to setup their own isolated development environment for developing websites with ASP.Net.
This environment includes the ability to debug web applications locally, source control integration and publishing to a development server.
Feedback, improvements and other suggestions are welcome.
Originally posted on: